Omya produces and provides expertise and innovation in the fields of decorative coatings, industrial coatings & inks, plasters & joint fillers and adhesives & sealants.
Our range focuses on everything connected to the use of calcium carbonate in paints applications. We develop know-how and provide services.
Omya conducts research and development for its own purposes and under contract to customers. We seek new solutions and deliver the associated expertise. There are three areas of focus in these efforts:
- Development of new products based on natural ground, precipitated and modified calcium carbonate.
- Customer oriented applied technology service for new formulations and for optimizing products.
- Basic and continuing training courses for employees and customers.
Omya solves problems and assists with processes. We are just the people to turn to for anyone encountering formulation problems with calcium carbonates.
Omya offers service and support to customers across the globe and provides the most modern expertise on product and formulation optimization.
The paint specific technology, equipment and installations are all located at a single site, enabling an enviable combination of concentration and openness that makes the company fast, flexible and economical.
On request, we recommend steps for optimizing products and formulations. We provide our customers worldwide with on-site advice and conduct basic and continuing training courses individually designed for their employees.
The overview below shows the focal points of our range of services.
Applications Managed in our Technical Centre
- Primers / Anti-corrosion coatings
- Air-drying and thermoset coatings
- Powder coatings
- Emulsion paints
- Textured coatings (Stucco)
- Marking paints
- Printing inks
- Tile adhesives
- Parquet adhesives
- Adhesives for TIS
- Automotive adhesives
- Glazing Sealants
- Construction sealants
- Sealing films
- High-speed dissolvers
- Bead mills
- Skandex (oscillating shaker)
- Planetary mixers with vacuum / inert gas option
Test Methods for Paints & Coatings, Plasters & Joint Fillers
- Fineness of grind
- Drying time (Landolt)
- Gloss and haze (Byk-Gardner)
- Contrast ratio, opacity
- Rheology (Brookfield, Haake, Paar Physica)
- Pigment flocculation
- Hardness (pendulum)
- Indentation (Erichsen, Impact)
- Wet scrub resistance
- Accelerated weathering (WOM, QUV)
- Corrosion resistance (Q-FOG)
- Outdoor weathering
- Tint strength
- Water absorption and diffusion
- Porosity (Mercury, K&N, Gilsonite)
- Resistance to mud cracking
Test Methods for Adhesives & Sealants
- Tensile strength
- Tear strength
- Shear strength
- Peel strength
- Modulus 100%
- Shore hardness
- Slump resistance
- Open time
- Cartridge ejection
- Yield point
- Viscosity recovery
- Shelf life
Constant dialogue with clients around the world is essential for identifying and developing optimal solutions quickly.